Winnipeg based professional engagement couple photographer Brad Pretula PHOTOGRPAHY
Engagement session preparation.
– Coordinate colors. They don’t have to be the exact same color. The same color family would work well too (example: bold purple and light purple).
– Coordinate styles. Guys need to match the overall “feel” of the girl’s outfit. If she’s wearing a dress, make yourself look a little nicer.
– Wear solids or simple patterns. Don’t overdo it with the patterns. Solid dark colors are the most flattering.
– A cocktail/summer dress is a good option.
– Stick to more fitted clothing. Anything hanging off your body (baggy) will make you look bigger than you are and look messy.
– The layered look is always good and will photograph better.
Guys: Nice dark jeans, hip shoes, collared shirt and a loose tie. A jacket to finish it off.
Girls: Nice jeans, paired with a dressy top, splashes of color or patterns, funky jewelry and high heels. (or cute dress).
– complement your outfit with a pair of heels or a funky necklace (or cute purse!).
– If you’re going to be wearing high heels, also bring some more comfortable flip-flops or slip-ons with you for walking.
– It is always best to bring a few different outfits so that you can change for your specific location. Couples typically bring 2 outfits depending on the locations and how long the session will be.
– Think of your surroundings when picking out colors for your outfit. If your photos are in a park, a green dress might camouflage you with the grass and trees. A complimentary color, like a red dress, would pop against the green
if you want to stand out. For a more subdued look, try a cool color like a blue, to differentiate from your surroundings.
-If you’ll be in more of an urban setting — let’s say in front of an abandoned brick building — try bold hues to contrast with the gritty background.
-No wrinkles!!! – Make sure your items are all clean, and ironed.
-Things Not to Wear
– Bright white matching shirts and Khakis
– Tops with big logos or a lot of writing on them .
– Exact matching outfits. Look coordinated, not matching. Avoid White shirts and jeans.